Individualism and Independence

I sometimes wish I could live in a silos... Just as a social experiment.. To see if I'd be able to survive.. Manage to stay away from all the people I like and care about... wonder if we'd live life the same way if we didn't have the social security... Of people we can depend on... 

All of us like to think that we are individuals, with our own thoughts, feelings and imagination... But I wonder how long we'd survive without the social net... In fact even our 'individualistic' thoughts are almost always influenced by our social circle....
Why then, is there so much hue and cry about Individualism....

I am all for independence, but I am not convinced that it necessitates individualistic outlooks...


I know all of us like to think that we are individuals, with our own thoughts, feelings and imagination... But I wonder how long we'd survive without the social net... 

In fact even our 'individualistic' thoughts are almost always influenced by our social circle....
Why then, is there so much hue and cry about Individualism....


I am all for independence, but I am not convinced that it necessitates individualistic outlooks...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What 'I' want to do

Charades we play

An Apology