Learning from this year

Though I thought I plan my travel fairly well, I am likely to be in mid air on New Year's eve... neither at home with family nor celebrating with friends.. just mid air, peeping out of window at a horizon that always makes me wonder what this universe is truly made of.

Maybe it is an appropriate time then, to relook the year gone by, before welcoming the new year, which will hopefully be  welcome change.... pardon me if you find my thoughts more philosophical than usual... 

  1. Time might reduce the pain, but the memory remains... 
    About an year has gone by.... the wound that was fresh, has kind of reduced.. but whoever said one could heal, is all a farce... we just learn to make do with who/what we have with us to the best of our abilities.... but I don't think there is anything called healing... I probably knew all this, but seeing this again in such close quarters kind of refreshed this understanding...

  2. Distance makes the heart go stronger
    Maybe it is too early to call a conclusion on this one, but it appears that the mind adjust to the non - presence, as long as one knows that somewhere down the line, hopefully in this new year in my case, the distance will finally reduce, and things will be back to the chaotic normal.
    It might help to add that missing the other doesn't mean one is not enjoying themselves... every relationship sometimes, needs that time off from the daily chores, to make the not so regular conversations more meaningful.

  3. It is possible to stay off network/data if one wishes too
    I guess we are all so connected through the virtual world, that we often don't connect with people sitting across the table.... this whole hype about the world getting smaller and our being closer through technology is true, but that is only part of the story. We seem to totally miss out on the stories actually unfolding in front of our eyes... come to think of it, this was my issue with the idiot box, which seems to have now been replaced by its smaller version...
    So I recently attempted on plugging into to the virtual world after 8 or once I am back from work, and realized it isn't that tough... 

  4. Financial sufficiency is a state of mind
    We might slog our asses to earn our daily bread and butter and a little more.... but we often over-estimate what we truly need... what all this money is meant to achieve... We curtail expenditure on things which most if the times is probably why we started out to earn... Meetings and work become excuses to not meet with friends and family... to be part of their moments of joy and grief....
    But if you really think about it.... in the end, what will matter in not weather I drove a Beamer or an Alto, but whether I drove it when/where I wanted to... Not that I can eat in any restaurant I chose to, but whom I eat with... Whether I am remembered with a smile or a sigh... and most of it doesn't "cost" much... just some time..
Bottom-line... my resolution from this year.. to be with people who matter to me, especially when they want me to .... and do atleast 2 things that I have been wanting to do for a while... 

Hope the coming year brings the best with it for all of us...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What 'I' want to do

Charades we play

An Apology