Independent Being

We come into the world, tied to our mothers cord...  tightly hugging her... ensuring we get all the warmth, help and support through life.... 
Somewhere along the way we become "intelligent", and we try and become self sufficient and intelligent... being "able" to take on the world and trudge on... and accomplish what we seek....

Just when all is going well, suddenly, we trip and fall....  we stumble and try to get up on our own... THIS is the wake up call.. for us... to realize we all need the help...
That we might be intelligent and independent, but we need the support, just in case time throws us off balance...  

Now my prayer has changed from hoping that I remain independent all through my life.... to the wish that I remain independent, till I have the grace and sense to take someone's help when I need it... Amen. 

Source: http://mimiandeunice.com/2012/07/20/independent/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What 'I' want to do

Charades we play

An Apology