Learning

I walk down the street.
There is a hole.
I don't see it.
I fall in.
It isn't my fault.
It takes a very long time to get out.

I walk down the same street.
There is still a deep hole.
I pretend not to see it.
I fall in.
I pretend it's still not my fault.
It takes a long time to get out.

I walk down the same street.
There is still the same deep hole.
I see it.
I fall in anyway.
It's a habit.
I get out quicker this time.

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole.
I see it.
I walk around it.
I don't fall in.

I walk down a different street.

~Portia Nelson

Comments

  1. HEY NICE POEM...and very interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dwiti whzap.....swoosh is bac....:D....nwaz there is a differece between d poem n ma life.....n d difference is dat i fall in d same hole over n over n over again.....some how i cant improve n i reckon d reason is coz i dont complain.....coz wid complain comez improvementz......-swoosh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What 'I' want to do

Charades we play

An Apology